Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Table Top Idea




Egg before the chicken kinda thing. Don't normally start a table with the top. Although it's nice to know the top dimensions, there's not much space to have a top kicking around the shop getting damaged.

But the edges of these Ash boards were confusingly rough. I also found a couple bookmatched planks at the lumber yard that I thought I'd incorporate, equally rough edges, and matching them up would dictate the top length. More confusion. So I rough milled the edges to see what I've got, if anything. Fair bit of trimming involved, but the bookmatch grain tied together rather nicely.

Won't do final milling and glue up until the frame is closer, but at least I have a better picture of length, width, and something to mull over in my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment